Thursday, May 17, 2007

Old Peculier



(When you are in a different country, builders come and disconnect your server. Oh, well...)
First, note that it is not Old Peculiar. Instead, it is Old Peculier. It is a strong beer by Theakston, claims to be legenedary on the bottle. I remember being uber fan of Old Peculiar a few years ago, it was my favourite in the local pub (King Street Run!), when they discontinued Flowers... Anyway, I bought 4 bottles this time and the beer is just not as nice as I rember it. Maybe it is just the difference between bottled and draught beer... Maybe my tastes have just changed.
(BTW - speaking of bottled vs draught: only very recently did I realise that the bottled Guinnes original is actually a different beer to Guinnes draught, not just bottled version of the other. One can also get Guinnes original on tap and Draught Guinnes in a can. There are always new learning opportunities...)


No comments: